Last Updated: 14th March 2021
You acknowledge and agree that EdNet Connect and its services are made available mainly to facilitate distance or on-premise learning and to streamline the process of enrolments, daily school tasks such as attendance, direct communication and sharing files between teachers, administrative staff, parents and students.
WHAT WE COLLECT
Information provided directly: This information may include your:
- User profile (includes information such as name, email address, password, physical address, age, school and phone number),
- your journals (information shared by teachers and schools. This may include information such as student journals, class journals, report cards, transcript of records, family information, as well as class schedules) and
- payment information (includes bank name and payment method).
When students, teachers, parents, guardians, family members, school administrators or third party providers create an account on EdNet Connect we collect your name, email address, password, profile picture, phone, physical address and other personal information. We may also collect the contact details of third parties as the emergency or authorised contacts. Teachers using EdNet Connect to communicate with families may add a family member’s email or phone number in order to send messages or updates about school work to the appropriate parent or guardian.
Students cannot create an account by themselves. Their teacher, parent or guardian will have to create an account for themselves and add a student user. Students must be invited to an EdNet Connect class by a teacher or school administrator. We collect personally identifiable information about students including their names, email addresses, and profile picture directly, via parents, school teachers, administrators or third party sign-in services such as Google, Facebook etc..
EdNet Connect also collects content that is added to a class or student journals. This content may be photos, drawings, files, notes, hyperlinks and other ways of documenting student learning. We regularly add types of information that can be uploaded to a journal, and these are all covered by this Policy. We also collect comments on posts in your class journal which may be text, or if you allow EdNet Connect to access the microphone on your device, voice recordings.
Information received via communications and activity: When you use the platform, complete electronic forms, communicate with teachers, parents, students or other users or when you contact us, by online chat, email, phone or text, we may automatically collect and store certain information about you and the activity you engaged in.
We collect messages that are sent and received on EdNet Connect by teachers, family members and students.
Teachers may use the platform to create activities to use with their students. Activities may include text or voice instructions for how to complete the activity, an example of a correct response or a template for students to edit.
Information collected automatically: This may include:
- Technical information (Information associated with your activity on our platform which may include information related to your browser and operating system, IP address, unique device identifiers, and other information such as your device type. We use such information for diagnostic and statistical purposes and to administer our services),
- Site usage information (This may include the webpage that you were visiting before accessing our platform and the pages or features of our platform you browsed. This information is used to analyse and improve our platform and to provide our users with a better user experience. This information might be collected via third party services such as Google, HotJar etc..) and
- We also use “cookies” or other tools that track, measure and analyse the behaviours and usage patterns of visitors to the platform.
Personal information from publicly available sources and third parties: This may include:
- Social network information and demographic information (This could include information such as income, marital status, spending habits and other information pertaining to users).
As a teacher, parent or family member, you may choose to enable or log in to our platform via various online services, including social networking services like Facebook and Google. When you link a social network account to EdNet Connect or log in to our services using your social network account, we may collect relevant personal information such as your name, profile picture, phone number and email address (if available), which are necessary to enable our services. Teachers can also create student accounts on behalf of students in their class and will therefore be required to provide the necessary personal information.
WHAT WE SHARE
Information we collect may be shared outside of EdNet Connect in limited circumstances. We do not share personal information with companies, organisations and individuals outside of EdNet Connect unless one of the following circumstances applies.
With user consent: We will share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of EdNet Connect when we have user consent or parents’ consent (as applicable). If you choose to receive a service by a third-party service provider on EdNet Connect, applicable personal information may need to be provided for the service to be performed. This could include your payment information such as bank name and payment method.
For legal reasons: We will share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of EdNet Connect if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of EdNet Connect, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personal information publicly and with our partners – like publishers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We mainly use this information to:
- allow you to access and use our service by verifying your identity and storing your journal content, activities, and messages.
- Provide teachers, schools, and family members with customer support.
- Notify you about any activity and updates to your account or your child’s account.
- Research, understand and analyse trends of users to improve and develop new features for our products.
- Promote enhancements to the EdNet Connect platform relevant for teachers, families and schools.
- Investigate, prevent, and detect activities on our service that we believe may violate the law or applicable regulations. We may, at the request of a school, investigate accounts to determine whether they comply with school policies.
To provide you with third-party services: If the applicable information is to be provided for the service to be performed by a third-party service provider, then we will disclose the applicable personal information to the third-party service provider who is contractually obligated to protect your information as disclosed in this policy.
To maintain, improve and personalise our services: We use your information for our everyday business operations such as auditing, administration of the services, forum management, fulfilment, and analytics. Your information may also be used to improve the content and/or functionality of the services. In addition, we may personalise advertisements, marketing communications, and recommendations to make them more tailored to your interests.
To communicate with you: We may send you text messages, emails or other notifications about the status of your student’s classes and activities. We may also contact you with promotional offerings or other communications that may be of interest to you.
For account and network security purposes: Keeping you safe requires us to process your personal information, such as your device information, activity information and other relevant information. We use such information to combat spam, malware, malicious activities or security risks; improve and enforce our security measures; and to monitor and verify your identity so that unauthorised users do not gain access to your information.
For our business purposes: We may use your information for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect or receive the information or otherwise with your consent.
You can withdraw consent for the collection of your personal information and also opt-out of marketing communications from us.
Abandoned accounts: EdNet Connect reserves the right to terminate accounts that have not been accessed by the parent, family member, teacher or school associated with the account for a period of more than one year.
Prior to terminating an abandoned account, EdNet Connect will notify the parent, family member, teacher or school associated with the account by email and provide an opportunity to download an archive copy of the class journal, providing it is available under the relevant school.
The account details and related journals will be archived for a reasonable period of time as deemed by EdNet Connect and upon no attempt to download a copy, such details will be purged, whilst adhering to the laws of Australia.
EdNet Connect welcomes your questions or comments regarding the Agreement:
PO Box 5356
Cranbourne VIC 3977